Updates include new carrier sourcing for brokerages, access to 17 new parcel integrations, a dock door scheduler module, and more
Shelton, Conn., Jan. 5, 2021 – 3Gtms, LLC, a global provider of cloud-based transportation management software (TMS), released version 20.3 of its cloud-based end-to-end TMS for omnichannel shippers, e-commerce companies, 3PLs, and freight brokers.
“Our latest TMS release features significant new enhancements developed in collaboration with our customer base, tailoring new modules and integrations designed to improve day-to-day logistics operations,” said Ron Lee, Chief Technology Officer of 3G. “Our broker customers will benefit from improved carrier sourcing and backhaul visibility, while our shipper customers now have the ability to create and manage dock door appointments as part of shipment planning and execution. Shippers can now streamline the entire carrier appointment process within their TMS.”
The new release features include:
- Parcel Carrier Rating: Users are provided rating to 17 new parcel carriers, including major carriers like UPS, FedEx, USPS—activated as part of standard planning processes.
- Backhaul and Fronthaul Discovery: New customizable search links allow brokers and transportation planners to search for unassigned loads within a radius around a load’s origin and/or destination.
- Dock Door Scheduler: Enables shippers to create and manage dock door appointments as part of shipment planning and execution.
- Carrier Safety and Insurance Improvements: Prevents the assignment of loads to underinsured carriers and includes FMCSA Operating Status as a factor in determining a carrier’s overall safety rating.
- Load Advances: Handles an advance payment made to a carrier to cover out-of-pocket expenses that may incur while moving freight, such as fuel, tolls, and lumper fees paid to a third-party.
Deployed in a private cloud, 3Gtms’ multi-mode transportation management software for 3PLs, shippers, brokers and forwarders is the broadest, deepest and most comprehensive transportation management system in the market. The intuitive single-system platform provides real-time management of the full order-to-settlement process, as well as quote management; rating, routing and optimization; load execution; track and trace capabilities; continuous visibility; and proactive exception and document management.
3G is a leading provider of cloud-based end-to-end transportation management software (TMS) for omnichannel shippers, e-commerce companies, 3PLs, and freight brokers. Our solutions include 3Gtms, our multi-modal transportation planning, optimization, execution, and settlement system; and Pacejet, our advanced multi-carrier shipping software. We arm our customers with transportation management and multi-carrier shipping resources that scale, flex, and evolve to grow their business. No matter the market, industry, or transportation model, 3G puts our customers in control of their supply chain today and for all the tomorrows to come. 3Gtms.com.
Director of Marketing, 3G