Crowley leverages 3Gtms TMS system to reduce DoD transportation costs, slash error rates and increase automation.
Shelton, Conn., August 22, 2018 — 3Gtms, Inc., a global provider of Tier 1 transportation management software (TMS), today announced that Crowley has leveraged its TMS to manage the largest U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) contract for surface transportation without missing a single deadline, milestone, go-live date or requirement. Crowley is a subsidiary of Crowley Maritime Corp. and provides end-to-end logistics services in domestic and international markets.
With 3Gtms technology, Crowley has been able to successfully address the complexity and demands of the DoD contract, specifically the execution of the LTL and freight optimization requirements. The powerful, multi-modal TMS serves as the backbone for all forms of the DoD’s surface transportation activities at vendor facilities and military installations. Specifically, 3Gtms is responsible for managing shipments of MRO (maintenance, repair and operating) supplies to 64 military locations throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Crowley is currently handling 70,000 transactions per day and will eventually reach up to 1,700 orders per day. The project’s results include:
- Meeting or exceeding all DoD contract requirements and deadlines.
- Significantly reducing DoD transportation costs.
- With an unmatched data model and unique integration tools, Crowley slashed errors in the status of shipments from 25 percent to 1-2 percent.
- Stellar data quality with automatic corrections and reports that allow an order to keep moving smoothly through the system
- Increased visibility and workflow automation with centralized integration point for key data flowing in from multiple DoD systems, shippers, carriers, mobile applications, financial systems, emails and portals. 3Gtms provides full visibility into the flow of data, driving in-line process improvements and automating exception management that lessens the need for manual intervention.
“This project has been one of our company’s greatest successes because of 3Gtms’ ability to address our needs and the speed of their work,” explained Bob Weist, vice president North American transportation at Crowley Logistics. “I think that’s why our results have been so successful. Plus, this is the only IT software project I’ve been a part of where the software worked as designed on initial implementation and met all of our timelines. I am certain that no other TMS system could have performed this effectively.”
“The tight partnership of the 3Gtms team and Crowley has been an important enabler in the overall success of the project,” said Mitch Weseley, CEO of 3Gtms. “A collaboration like ours is vital for such a complex project and one that pushes the boundaries of TMS creativity, automation and intelligence. We’re proud to serve Crowley and our armed forces.”
3Gtms is the fastest growing Tier 1 transportation management system (TMS) provider and is committed to giving mid-to-large shippers and logistics service providers a competitive advantage through technology. Whether you move $5 million or $5 billion in freight, the 3G-TM solution seamlessly manages the full transportation lifecycle, including transportation planning and optimization, execution and settlement, empowering customers to make better shipping decisions while meeting their service goals. 3Gtms’ reputation for being a trusted partner is reflected in customer satisfaction and retention rates that are unmatched in the TMS industry. For more information, visit: www.3gtms.com.