In the B2B world, visibility is extremely complicated because it encompasses start-to-finish order visibility. It requires systematically interpreting and combining inter-enterprise data from many sources. It’s about assessing the past, monitoring/reacting in the present and adjusting for the future.
But getting visibility into the logistics flow has traditionally been very expensive or produced limited results because:
- There are different data sources: ERPs, portals, EDI, WMS, etc.
- There are different languages: Customers talk in orders and POs, carriers send data in shipments and loads, finance needs invoices and vouchers
- There are different data relationships: Many orders to a shipment; many POs to an invoice; many carriers on a single route
- Internal systems (ERP, OMS, WMS, Finance) and external parties (3PLs, carriers, vendors, customers)
We’ve changed that. Our transportation management system, 3G-TM, has the framework and business logic to deliver broader visibility than ever before through data integration and the ability to translate and share information flowing in from shippers, carriers, mobile applications, financial systems, emails, portals and more.
By putting vastly different data types into the same format from which you can take action, the TMS becomes a single point that provides full visibility into the flow of data and the tools to act on the data. As a result, you get:
- Operational data for better visibility
- The ability to automate exceptions and respond faster to disruptions
- Drive carrier management
- Better insight into what’s happening across all modes
- Improved AR/AP capabilities to meet unique requirements, such as AR based on attributes of a customer order rather than the load
To learn more about our capabilities and read how one customer is leveraging visibility-driven workflows, go here to get our white paper!